Accommodation for visiting international scholars and researchers and international doctoral candidates

As an international doctoral candidate (i.e. PhD research student) or a visiting international scholar or researcher, you will not usually be eligible for a room in one of the student halls of residence run by the Studentenwerk. However, there are several other accommodation options open to you:

  • University guest houses: Subject to availability, you may be able to be accommodated in one of Saarland University's guest houses. For information on future availability, please contact the guest house administrator.
  • Private rental market: If you are planning to spend a longer period of time in Saarbrücken, we recommend looking for a room on the private housing market.



Saarbrücken Campus
Building A4 4
Phone: +49 681 302-71122

Office hours:
Every day from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.