Temporary residence permit

While a visa will allow you to enter Germany and stay for a period of up to 90 days, a temporary residence permit is required if you are planning to stay for longer than three months. If you are not an EU national, you will need to apply to the Foreigners' Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde) for a temporary residence permit. Ideally, you should arrange an appointment four to six weeks before your visa expires.

To make an appointment with the Foreigners' Registration Office in Saarbrücken, please refer to the contact details provided in this information leaflet. Please note: Staff at the Foreigners' Registration Office ONLY see visitors by appointment.

When you are notified about the date and time of your appointment, you will also be given a list of documents that you will need to bring with you.

Staff at the University's Welcome Center will be pleased to help if you have any questions.



Saarbrücken Campus
Building A4 4
Phone: +49 681 302-71122

Office hours:
Every day from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.