Foreigners' Registration Office

Permission for visiting foreign scientists and scholars to reside in Germany is generally granted in the form of a residence permit. (continue reading)

Residents' Registration Office

Any international visitor spending longer than three months in Germany must register with the Residents’ Registration Office. (continue reading)

Driving licence

If you want to drive a car during your time in Germany, you will need to be in possession of a valid driving licence. (continue reading)

Opening a bank account

To be able to pay bills in Germany or to be paid your salary you will need to open a bank account. (continue reading)

Insurance policies

For information about insurance cover and insurance policies, please click here.


To learn more about whether you will need to pay taxes while resident in Germany, click here.


Campus A4 4 – Welcome Center
Phone: +49 681 302-71122