Frequently Asked Questions

Must I be enrolled at UdS to participate in ATLANTIS?

Yes. In order to be considered for acceptance, you must already be enrolled as a Bachelor Student in the local Materials Science/Mechanical Engineering program at UdS. Non-EU students MUST submit proof of matriculation to UdS along with the application. Applications received with no proof of matriculation will be discarded. Please contact the university's international office for details and requirements on matriculation and registration.

Do I need EU citizenship?

Acceptance into ATLANTIS does not require EU citizenship.

Will I continue to pay tuition and fees at my home institution? Will I need to pay tuition at OSU?

Each student will stay enrolled and pay tuition fees at the original institution during their entire program, including the stay-abroad time. European students on exchange to OSU will not pay tuition there. However, any mandatory fees at the hosting institution will need to be paid by the student. Below is an estimate of the mandatory fees at Oregon State University, which are to be paid each term (trimester).

  • Building Fee:$45
  • Incidental Fee:$240.11
  • Health Fee:$125.19
  • Technology Fee:$105
  • Registration Fee:$11

Does ATLANTIS cover my exchange within Europe?

No. Financial support from ATLANTIS only covers the transatlantic exchange to Oregon State University. It is strongly recommended to apply for an ERASMUS scholarship from your home institution before going to UdS/LTU.

Do I need to separately apply for admission to OSU?

Yes. During your third year of study, you will apply for admission to Oregon State University as well as the OSU Professional Engineering School in Mechanical Engineering. The terms and conditions of enrollment in ATLANTIS, as well as receiving financial support, is that you are accepted to the Professional Engineering School – for this you should maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least a B- (American system).

Do I need the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)?

Yes. In order to obtain a study visa for OSU, you must have a score of at least 550 points (paper test) or 213 points (computer based test) on the TOEFL. Please check with your local coordinator about TOEFL preparation courses in your area.

What type of study visa do I need for OSU?

We reccomend that you apply for an F-1 Study Visa for studying in the U.S. Please consult the U.S. Department of State website for further information regarding the application process.