Students are required to spend a period of time in an English-speaking country or region in order to perfect their speaking, listening, and writing skills and to broaden and supplement their cultural understanding. We hasten to add that in today’s globalized world this is important for every student, not only students of English.
In the context of our department and the spread of the English language around the world, the first question you might ask is just where you could spend your time abroad; the second, what can I do in the country of my choice and, more important, how do I get there?
We will assist you with your choice of place, type of work, and the determination of the length of your stay. We will help you with formalities: where to apply, where to obtain information, which programme to select.
Check out our Study Abroad FAQ section. It should answer most of your initial questions.
In information meetings once a semester you will have the opportunity to pose any other questions you may have, and in the office hours of your student advisor you may discuss special questions pertaining to your particular case.
Brexit und Auslandsaufenthalt
Study Abroad Contact Person
Bldg A5 3, room 1.03.2
Phone: +49 681 302 2059
Office hours during the semester:
Mondays, from 11.00 - 12.30
Office hours during the term break:
Wednesdays, from 11.00 - 12.00, on March 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, and April 1st
- Bescheinigung zum Auslandsaufenthalt (LEHRAMT)
- Questionnaire for the Portfolio on your stay abroad (BA 2016 and MA 2017)
- Checklist for the Report on your Stay Abroad ("alte" BA/MA Studiengänge)
- UdS Learning Agreement für Kursanerkennungen aus dem Ausland
- Informationen zur Anerkennung von PAD Aufenthalten
- PPT Info Session Stay Abroad BA and teaching degrees
- PPT Info Session Mobility Phase MA