Winter Semester 2021-22
Re-introducing the face-to-face mode!
… including virtual elements in a targeted manner
You are welcome to participate in the following offers at the beginning of the Semester:
www.uni-saarland.de/studienbeginn for freshers, so-called ‘Erstesemester’
www.uni-saarland.de/semesterstart for students who have progressed in their studies
Further information is available at:
Returning to Campus responsibly
We look forward to welcoming you on campus!
Detailed planning for your study programme is available in the online course catalogue, the so-called LSF.
- You must register before attending an event or teaching sessions in person. Please refer to the LSF, i.e. the course overview, or the respective subject, to find out whether an event takes place face-to-face or virtually.
- If you wish to participate in an offline face-to-face event, you must register for it in advance; please do so before entering the teaching rooms or venues directly via the Staysio App: https://staysio.de/#/, the Staysio web application https://www.staysio.de/#/visitor or, if you do not own a smartphone, via the following form https://www.uni-saarland.de/fileadmin/upload/page/coronavirus/Alternativformular-Staysio.pdf
- You are only allowed to attend offline events in person, if you can either prove you are fully vaccinated, have received a negative COVID-19 test result (twice per working week) or have recovered from an infection with COVID-19 ('3G’ status, short for “geimpft, genesen oder getestet”, meaning “vaccinated, recovered or tested”). For further information, please see https://www.uni-saarland.de/en/page/coronavirus/3g-status.html.
- If it is not possible to maintain the minimum physical distance of 1.5 metres to each other, we urgently enquire you to wear a medical face mask. Hygiene rules, called 'AHA-L' (short for “Abstand halten, Hygiene beachten, im Alltag Maske tragen, regelmäßig lüften”), are valid until further notice.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please report your positive test result immediately to the following email address: coronafall(at)uni-saarland.de. Please report with whom you last had contact at the University. More information is available at: https://www.uni-saarland.de/page/coronavirus/stand.html
- If you have tested positive, you are forbidden to enter University premises during the quarantine period.
In order to successfully re-introduce non-virtual face-to-face teaching, let us join forces to keep everybody safe by taking serious the following advice:
- Please make sure to comply with all rules and regulations listed above.
- If you did not get vaccinated against COVID-19 yet, please urgently consider doing so.
A mobile vaccination team will be at your service in KHG Café (Building A3 1 at the Campus Center) near the festival grounds on Saarbrücken Campus for your second jab Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm, between 8 and 19 November 2021. All students and staff of Saarland University are eligible as well as is any interested citizen. For further information, please see www.uni-saarland.de/impfen
- We highly encourage you to participate in our anonymous online Vaccination Status Survey By participating, you are supporting us in our planning for coming Semester and to keep everyone safe.
- Please find further information for you to help you get started this Winter Semester: Learn more about Saarland University and get involved! Information for first-semester students: www.uni-saarland.de/studienbeginn; students who have further progressed in their studies are able to access offers at: www.uni-saarland.de/semesterstart
Let us re-vitalise our University as a learning and teaching environment that is open for social interaction across all cultural and individual backgrounds!
We look forward to seeing you on campus.