The alumni mentoring scheme brings together Saarland University students and alumni in an informal setting to discuss graduate employment options and career paths.
No matter what the subject area or academic discipline, we have access to a broad network of highly motivated and experienced mentors – all of whom faced and successfully overcame challenges both during their studies and after graduating. Our mentors are there to answer questions from students about how best to take those first important career steps towards a successful career. Questions like:
- Is my dream job really what I think it is?
- What areas should I focus on in my studies?
- How can I find my first career contacts?
- How do I go about organizing a work placement / internship in Germany or abroad?
- And what's the best way to get my career off to a good start?
On this page, we've put together everything you need to know about how to benefit from the alumni mentoring scheme and how to get involved.