German for university staff - Beginners (A1.2/A2.1)
Target group: Employees of the UdS and htw saar as well as doctoral students in employment with the UdS
You already have some basic knowledge of German and want to improve it? Now you have the opportunity to continue!
The International Study Centre Saar (ISZ Saar) at Saarland University offers a course at level A1.2/A2.1 for beginners who already have some knowledge. A course book is used.
Once you have registered, participation in the course is obligatory, provided that there are no conflicting official concerns in the individual case.
Course details for winter semester 2023/24:
- Participation is allowed for: all international employees of Saarland University (UdS) and of the University of Applied Sciences (htw saar) as well as all international doctoral students in an employment relationship with the UdS
- Language requirements: basic knowledge
- Format: The language course is offered online in Microsoft Teams.
Please ensure a quiet workplace and the following IT requirements: a stable, fast internet connection, speakers or headphones on your end device (desktop PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone), microphone and webcam.
- Start: from Monday, 09 October 2023
- Dates: every Monday, from 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The beginner course will include 12 consecutive dates. There will be no dates during school holidays and public holidays.
- Course book: Stefanie Dengler, Tanja Mayr-Sieber et. al.: Netzwerk neu A1.2, ISBN-13: 978-3-12-607155-0
- Registration period: Monday, 21 August 2023 to Sunday, 01 October 2023. Only registrations via the online registration form will be accepted. Within the time indicated above, a button will appear on this website to lead you to the form.
- Any questions? Then please send us an e-mail to: deutschkurse(at)isz.uni-saarland.de with the subject "German courses for university staff".
Registration period winter semester
Monday, 21 August 2023, 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, 01 October 2023, 11:59 p.m. (only online!)
Within the time indicated above, a button will appear at this site which will take you to the online registrationform. Only such course registrations will be accepted.
Who may participate?
All staff members of Saarland University and the htw saar as well as doctoral students in an employment relationship with the UdS may participate.
Unfortunately, participation is usually not possible for staff of affiliated institutes of the UdS and staff of the UKS Homburg, HfM and HBK saar or doctoral students who are employed there or at htw saar. - If there is sufficient capacity, staff from UKS Homburg, HfM and HBK saar as well as doctoral students from UKS, if they are employed by the UdS, can also be admitted.
Those who attend at least 80% of the course can (on request) be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Approval of the supervisor is required:
The consent of your supervisor is required for registration and participation in this course of the ISZ Saar. Please obtain this consent yourself in advance. However, it is not necessary to forward the consent to the ISZ Saar.
Preparatory and in-sessional courses for international students
How to contact us
Please contact our department by e-mail if you have questions
- about German language and special skills courses during the semester (In-sessional courses and short-intensive courses): deutschkurse(at)isz.uni-saarland.de
- about tandem programme: sprachtandem(at)uni-saarland.de
Do you have questions about other courses offered at the ISZ Saar? Then you will find the right contact person for your request here.
If you have any questions regarding your application to the UdS or enrolment in study-preparatory DSH and VSI courses, please only contact the team of the Admissions Office (e-mail: studium(at)uni-saarland.de)
Abteilung studienbegleitende Deutschkurse
/ Department of in-sessional German courses
International Study Centre Saar (ISZ Saar)
Head of department: Dr. Oxana Brandes
Secretary: Christine Koch M.A.
Phone: +49 (0) 681 302-71116