Accommodation options for exchange students from a partner university in Eastern Europe

Rooms in a student hall of residence (places allocated by the International Office)

Incoming students from one of our Eastern European partner universities are guaranteed a room in one of the student halls of residence (usually Guckelsberg or Waldhaus).

Please fill in the application form and return it to us. Once your application has been processed, we will offer you a room that you can rent for the duration of your stay in Saarbrücken. The application deadlines are:

  • 30 June for the winter semester
  • 31 December for the summer semester

Please note

  • The rental periods specified on the application form are fixed and cannot be changed. Please contact the Welcome Center if you plan to depart at an earlier date.
  • As the rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, please complete the application form and submit it as soon as possible.
  • Do not make any changes to the application form.
  • Please appreciate that we may not be able to offer you your room of first choice.


The Studentenwerk (Saarland University Student Services) offers rooms and apartments to rent in its student halls of residence. Applications must be submitted online. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as waiting lists for a room in a hall of residence can be long.

If you would prefer to look for a room in the private sector, click on the link above for some useful information and advice about finding private accommodation in and around Saarbrücken.



Saarbrücken Campus
Building A4 4
Phone: +49 681 302-71122

Office hours:
Every day from 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.