Designing Academic Presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint)
|Format||Online-Course (Microsoft Teams)|
On the day before the event, you will receive the online access data by e-mail (invitation to the course in Microsoft Teams).
|Course language||English (Level B2 required)|
|Course date and time||Wednesday, 19 October 2022, 5 – 7 p.m.|
|Registration||until Thursday, 13 October 2022, 12 o‘clock via the registration form (closed)|
|Course fee||free of charge for international Bachelor's and Master's students and doctoral students from all faculties of Saarland University|
|ECTS points||no possibility of acquiring ECTS|
An appealingly designed PowerPoint presentation is often the requirement for the audience to listen attentively. This is especially important in an academic environment where cold facts and figures often account for the biggest share of a presentation.
This workshop focuses on the most important topics for designing a master layout, gives tips for structuring individual slides and shows many tricks for working more efficiently with PowerPoint.
To be able to immediately put this new knowledge to use, it is recommended to use a laptop with a current version of Microsoft PowerPoint and the plug-in Efficient Elements installed.
The participants will learn:
• adjusting the user interface: adjusting the slide size; activating ruler, grid and leadings lines,
• the foundation of each presentation: setting up a master layout (structuring the slides, inserting placeholders, logos, static footer lines and dynamic slide numbers),
• presenting the content: handling images, videos, formulas, tables and citations (editing and adjusting pictures, working with videos, inserting and editing of formulas, generating table templates, discreet inserting of references),
• correct layouting: structuring content on slides (using Efficient Elements for more efficient structuring, structuring presentation slides, structuring a presentation, tips and tricks for decently connecting slide content).
The tutor will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Kai Rochlus, M.Sc., has finished his master program in Materials Science at Saarland University with top grades. Additionally, to his main course he participated in research visits at Korea University of Technology and Education, Drexel University, Philadelphia and University of California, Santa Barbara. Amongst others, his portfolio includes workshops for scientifically working with different software in an efficient manner.
** Current contact details **
In order to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus, the ISZ Saar currently offers restricted services.
You can reach the secretariat Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12.30 p.m. to 2 p.m. by phone at +49 (0) 681 - 302 2850.
Otherwise, please contact us by e-mail if you have questions
- from already enrolled participants of the DSH and VSiMINT courses (Preparatory courses):
Ms Barthel-Weyand info-isz(at)uni-saarland.de
- for German language and special skills courses during the semester (In-sessional courses and short-intensive courses):
Ms Koch: deutschkurse(at)isz.uni-saarland.de
- for in-sessional workshops from International academic culture:
Ms Koch, Ms Gisch wissenschaft-international(at)isz.uni-saarland.de
If you have any questions regarding your application to the UdS or enrolment in study-preparatory DSH and VSiMINT courses, please only contact the team of the Admissions Office (e-mail: studium(at)uni-saarland.de)
International Study Centre Saar (ISZ Saar)
Director: Dr. Michael Aulbach
Secretary: Stefanie Barthel-Weyand
Phone: +49 (0) 681 302-2850
Fax: +49 (0) 681 302-2824