Uni in Bewegung is a sports program especially designed for University employees. Also, employees of the institutes affiliated to the University as well as from the University Medical Centre are allowed to participate in this program. Postgraduates are also welcome to join.
There are 20 dates per course cycle – independent of the semester holidays.
The costs – depending on the course type (course in the multifunctional room or strength training) – are between € 33,- and € 48,- per half-year period. If you step in the course later on, costs will be adapted accordingly.
The courses run from the beginning until the end of the semester. Registration is normally possible two weeks prior to the course start.
You can step in the courses at any time, as long as there are still places left. Due to organizational and administrative reasons, it is not possible to quit the course during the course cycle. If you cannot participate in your course, you have the possibility to switch to another course (see Flexible courses).
Yes, the participation in an Uni in Bewegung course (or in another chargeable University Sports' class or a 60 minutes training at our fitness centre Uni-Fit) counts as working hours for University employees. Please find more information in the category Uni-Aktivpass.
Your participation in courses will be documented in the "Uni-Aktivpass". I serves as a proof, that your participation can be counted as working time. Find more information here.
The "Uni-Aktivpass" can be picked up at the University Sports Center.
Yes! If you cannot go to your course due to a business appointment, holiday etc. you can visit another course in that week. Please find more information here.
Both strength courses at Uni-Fit, the courses in the multifunctional room and the courses at the Union-Center (Meerwiesertalweg) are so called flexible courses. That means, that if you cannot go to your course due to an appointment, holiday etc., you can participate in another course in that week. For instance, that means for the courses in the multifunctional room, that – within one week – you can switch from fitness gymnastic to Yoga or from Pilates to the functional gymnastic.
The following conditions apply:
- Changing in another course requires an inquiry at the University Sports Center per mail or phone (three weeks in advance at the earliest).
- Switching of courses is only possible in that week, in that you cannot make it to “your” course (it is not possible to participate the week before or the week after).
- Participants having booked one course are entitled to visit only one alternative course per week.
- The maximum amount of 20 dates per half-year may not be exceeded.
- A booking of flexible courses is only allowed within one category (strength training, courses in the multifunctional room or courses at Meerwiesertalweg). It is not possible to change from strength training to gymnastic and vice versa.
- Due to organizational effort we would be glad, if you make use of the flexible course booking only as an exception.
You can book these places via mail or phone. Please contact University Sports Center on the general email hochschulsport(at)uni-saarland.de (and not single employees). Doing so, we can guarantee a timely answer.
Here you find an information leaflet with important indications, published by the University physician (only available in German). For further health-related questions or clarification of potential risks when participating in Uni in Bewegung courses, please contact the inhouse-doctor, Prof. Dr. med. Lothar Schwarz, phone: 0681/302 3753 or 0681/302 3739.
Yes, in every strength course, the training software is included.