Information and Welcome Day for International Doctoral Researchers
Information and Welcome Day for International Doctoral Researchers and Scientists
The International Office and the Graduate Programme "GradUS" at Saarland University will organize an "Information and Welcome Day" in order to improve our services for international doctoral researchers and scientists. We would like to welcome particularly the newcomers in Saarbrücken to join the event.
We will provide multi-faceted and useful information concerning initial orientation in one's new scientific and social environment at Saarland University.
Topics of the event:
- Introduction of the service support center for international doctoral researchers and scientists
Information about preparation and financing of your stay, administrative duties (residence permit, visa, insurances, taxes), and cultural integration
- Presentation of the Graduate Programme "GradUS"
Information about the main goals of the GradUS programme as supplier of various qualification and promotion measures for international doctoral researchers and scientists, presentation of the current workshop schedule
The working language of the event will be English.
Information on the event
For each PhD student, participation in the GradUS workshops is sponsored with 50 € per semester by the presidium of Saarland University, which are considered when calculating course fees.
- Participation in every workshop is certificated. Towards the end of your PhD, you can also get a GradUS certificate for all GradUS workshops that you took part in.
- Childcare can be provided for doctoral researchers with children for the duration of a particular GradUS event at no charge (see website "Kinderbetreuung").
- Deduction from income taxes: We recommend trying to deduct the fees for the GradUS workshops from the German income taxes that you might have to pay (costs for advanced training measures).