Working and Conducting Ph.D. studies in Germany
Working and Conducting Ph.D. Research in Germany
This event aims to provide doctoral researchers with multi-faceted information with regard to the conditions of working and doing research in Germany. Particularly doctoral researchers from abroad will extend their knowledge on the working conditions at German research institutions as well as on their rights and duties associated with Ph.D. positions or scholarships. The event will also deal with questions of social insurances and regulations on the work-life balance of Ph.D. candidates.
Specifically, the main topics of the event will be:
- Rights and duties of Ph.D. candidates
- Differences between the employment as doctoral researcher and the funding through scholarships and their effects
- Renumeration and social insurances for Ph.D. candidates
- Work-life balance of Ph.D. candidates
- Representation of interests by Ph.D. candidates
- Working in Germany after completion of the Ph.D. (immigration, labour law, right of residence, differences between German states etc.)
The event also gives the participants the chance to be actively involved in discussions and exchange. There might be subsequent informal meetings associated with the initial event to elaborate on specific topics that are of importance to the working conditions of Ph.D. candidates.
Information on the event
further information on the GradUS credit and participation in workshops