Proper Citation and Avoidance of Plagiarism
The workshop will provide an overview of proper citation and avoiding plagiarism:
- What do I have to quote and how much?
- How do I treat images and illustrations?
- Can I use my own texts more than once?
- How common is plagiarism and how can it be avoided?
- How powerful is plagiarism detection software?
Case examples will be used to discuss the issues. The focus is on the exchange between the participants - and this across disciplines.
This workshop is offered by GradUS in cooperation with the Ombuds Office at Saarland University.
Information on the Event
Date: Tuesday, 28th September 2021
Time: 10.00-13.00 hrs.
Venue: Online workshop at your own computer/laptop via Cisco Webex
Number of participants: max. 20 participants
Dr. Martin Nissen, PhD in Modern History, responsible for the plagiarism detection software turnitin at Heidelberg University, subject specialist and head of the information department at Heidelberg University Library.