Prof. Dr. Bernd Möbius
Universität des Saarlandes
Sprachwissenschaft und Sprachtechnologie
Campus, C7.2 / 4.10
Tel.: +49 681 302-4500
Tel.: +49 681 302-2926 (Secr.)
Wednesdays 10-11 a.m. -
please send me an email.
A central theme of my research is to integrate phonetic knowledge in speech technology. I have worked extensively on text-to-speech synthesis, a wonderful framework to implement and test computational models of linguistic and phonetic processes. Recent work has focused on experimental methods and computational simulations to study aspects of speech production, perception and acquisition.
- DFG, SFB 1102, C1: Information density and the predictability of phonetic structure (with Bistra Andreeva)
- DFG, SFB 1102, C4: Mutual intelligibility and surprisal in Slavic intercomprehension (INCOMSLAV-2, with Tania Avgustinova and Dietrich Klakow)
- DFG: Phonetic convergence in human-computer interaction (CHIC, with Ingmar Steiner)
- DFG: Pause-internal phonetic particles (with Jürgen Trouvain)
- DFG: Usage-based approaches, computational modeling and simulation studies in phonetics and phonology (SimPhon.Net, coordinator: Daniel Duran, University of Freiburg)
- Current and completed projects