The group of Prof. Dr. Vera Demberg is affiliated with the Department of Computer Science and the Department of Language Science and Technology.
Aktuelles / News:
- Our lab is hosting a visiting researcher from Université Paris Cité (France) from February to April, 2023: Welcome to Yiming Liang!
- The Workshop on Individual Differences in Pragmatics and Discourse (IndiPRAG) organized by our lab will take place at Saarland University on September 18-19, 2023. Fore more information, please visit the workshop website.
- Dec 2022: Ernie Chang successfully defended his thesis! Congratulations Dr. Chang!
- Dec 2022: Pratik Bhandari successfully defended his thesis! Congratulations Dr. Bhandari!
- Projects E2 and E6 have been accepted for funding as part of the second phase of CPEC (SFB TRR 248)!
- New members have joined the lab in September 2022: Welcome to Ruitao Feng and Dr. Sebastian Schuster!
- New members have joined the lab in July 2022: Welcome to Iza Škrjanec and Dongqi Pu!
- Projects A8 and B2 have been accepted for funding as part of the third phase of SFB 1102!
- Our lab is hosting a visiting scholar from Zhejiang Gongshang University (China) from June 20, 2022 for a one-year research period: Welcome to Dr. Jingqi Yan!
In the news (selected)
- We're on TV! (in German)
- Lecture at the children's university (Kinderuni)
- Computational Cognitive Modelling
- Experimental Psycholinguistics
- Information-theoretic Models of Language Processing
- Coherence Relations in Text, Pragmatics
- Natural Language Generation
- Individualized Interaction in Discourse, (newspaper article) (ERC-STG 948878; Feb 2021- Jan 2026)
- Cognitive Modelling of Information Density for Discourse Relations (SFB 1102, B2; Oct 2014 - June 2026)
- Adapting text generation to individual users (SFB 1102, A8; July 2022 - June 2026)
- Safe Handover in Mixed-Initiative Control (SFB - TR 248, E2; Jan 2019 - Dez 2026)
- Cooperative User Interfaces as Rational Agents (SFB - TR 248, E6; Jan 2023 - Dez 2026)
- Modelling the Information Density of Event Sequences in Texts (SFB 1102, A3; Oct 2014 - June 2022)
- Language Comprehension and Cognitive Control Demands:
Adapting Information Density to Changing Situations and Individual Users (SFB 1102, A4; Oct 2014 - June 2022)
There are currently no job offers available.