Research and activities
Overview of research areas
- Geographic European studies with a focus on interpretative analyses of spatial policies of the European Union as well as comparative studies of European spaces.
- Comparative urban and metropolitan research along the lines of comparative urbanism
- Interpretative, qualitative and spatial methodologies such as walking interviews, explorations of the built environment and visual methods
- Cross-border urban development, especially in small and medium-sized cities
- Geographies of housing: Urban housing policies in Europe (Habilitation project at University of Freiburg)