Parking on campus
It is, in theory at least, possible to find a parking space on central campus zone (parking zone A). However, as there are only a limited number of parking spaces available, we recommend that you leave your vehicle in one of the car parks. Permission to park free of charge within the central campus zone is restricted to certain groups (e.g. members of university staff).
Parking on central campus zone (parking zone A)
To park on central campus you will need to take a ticket at the barrier. Keep your ticket and pay at one of the pay point machines before exiting campus. Even if you are simply passing through campus or if your stay will be less than 60 minutes in duration, you must still take a ticket at the barrier on arrival and enter your ticket into the ticket-reader slot at the barrier on exiting. Look after your ticket. If you lose it, you will be charged the maximum daily rate of €15.
Parking charges for the central campus zone (parking zone A)
- Short-stay parking up to 60 minutes or if passing through campus: no charge
- Parking on work days between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.: €4 for the first hour, then €2 per hour, max. daily rate of €15, the first 60 min. are free of charge
- Parking between the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 a.m. or at the weekend: no charge
Campus car parks
- Parking charges for students wishing to use the campus car parks P1 ('Uni Mitte') and P3 ('Uni Ost') are governed by a post code rule.
- University employees can park free of charge in the campus car parks P1 ('Uni Mitte') and P3 ('Uni Ost').
- Visitors can park for a fee of €1/hour (max. charge: €3; the first 60 min. are free of charge) in the campus car parks P2 ('Uni Mitte') and P3 ('Uni Ost').
- Parents bringing their children to the child day-care facility are allowed to park for a short time in car park P4 ('Uni Nord Links').
- Important note: As part of the university's energy-saving initiative, the car parks P1 (Uni Mitte) and P3 (Uni Ost) will be closed weekdays from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. and over the weekend from Friday 11 p.m. until Monday 4 a.m. However, you may continue to park free of charge on the central campus zone during these periods.
Free bus travel on campus and to the Meerwiesertalweg site for Saarland University employees
If you are a Saarland University employee, you can travel free of charge on Saarbahn busses between the bus stops 'Stuhlsatzenhaus' and 'An der Trift'. Please present your UdS Card to the driver when boarding the bus. If there a any problems, please show this paper to the bus driver: Bekanntmachung der Saarbahn.