Post-code parking rule
Whether a student is entitled to use the campus car parks P1 ('Uni Mitte') and P3 ('Uni Ost') free of charge is determined by the post code of the student's semester contact address. Generally speaking, students who would need more than 45 minutes to travel to the university using public transport are allowed to use the campus car parks free of charge. Additionally, students who have difficulty walking will be issued with a vehicle entry permit for both the central campus zone and the campus car parks.
All students can use the car parks free of charge between the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 a.m., as well as at the weekends and during the semester break (non-teaching period). Visitors who have parked in the visitor zone (zone C) can exit the car park free of charge after 9 p.m. Up until 5 p.m., parking is charged at a rate of €1 per hour (max. fee: €3). The first 60 minutes are free of charge.
Free parking is not available to:
- students whose semester contact address has one of the following post codes: 66111, 66113, 66115, 66117, 66119, 66121, 66123, 66125, 66128, 66129, 66130, 66132, 66133, 66280, 66386,
- students whose semester contact address is an implausibly long way from the Saarbrücken campus as indicated by a post code in one of the following ranges: 00000-54199, 54550-55699, 55800-66110, 67000-76725, 77000-99999,
- students giving an address abroad (exceptions: Luxembourg and the Moselle region of France 'Departement 57'),
- students on leave of absence,
- medical students during the clinical science phase of their studies.
Vehicle parking permits
Monika Zeising-Di Rocco
Phone: +49 681 302-4860