If entry restrictions do not apply to the specific degree programme that you would like to study, you can enrol directly with the university provided that you meet the formal enrolment requirements. The subject/programme combinations to which entry restrictions currently apply are shown in the list of academic programmes. If you plan to combine a number of different subjects in your proposed degree programme, please check beforehand that entry restrictions do not apply to any of your chosen subjects.

The online portal for applications and enrolments is expected to open in mid December 2020 for the 2021 summer semester.


Online enrolment platform

New applicants

Students at Saarland University

Application guide
Information on the student card

Please note: The online enrolment platform can only be accessed during the enrolment periods.

Please use a modern browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge) in the latest version for the portal. Apple Safari and Internet Explorer are currently not fully supported.

Enrolment periods

  • Winter semester: until 30 September
  • Summer semester: beginning of March until 31 March

Please do not submit enrolment applications or enrolment-related materials before the enrolment periods stated above have commenced. If an academic programme has been designated as not subject to entry restrictions, then this will remain true right up until the final day of the enrolment period.

Applicants who have a foreign higher education entrance qualification

Different rules apply if you are a prospective student with a foreign higher education entrance qualification and are planning to enrol for the first semester of a study programme at Saarland University. For further information please see the information for international applicants.

Registering or enrolling as a doctoral research student

As a doctoral research student (PhD student) at Saarland University, you may be required to register or enrol with the Admissions Office. Whether registration or enrolment is mandatory or optional will depend on the faculty at which you will be conducting your doctoral research. Here you'll find further information on registering or enrolling as a doctoral research student.

Certificate of enrolment

You can print out your certificate of enrolment in the SIM-Portal.

Admissions Office

Saarbrücken Campus
Building A4 2, Ground floor
Phone: +49 681 302-5491

Admissions Office

Central Student Advisory Service

Saarbrücken Campus
Building A4 4, Ground floor
Phone: +49 681 302-3513

Central Student Advisory Service