If entry restrictions do not apply to the specific degree programme that you would like to study, you can enrol directly with the university provided that you meet the formal enrolment requirements. The subject/programme combinations to which entry restrictions currently apply are shown in the list of academic programmes. If you plan to combine a number of different subjects in your proposed degree programme, please check beforehand that entry restrictions do not apply to any of your chosen subjects.
Prospective students can apply for enrolment online via the Saarland University’s SIM portals. If you wish to enrol for the winter semester 2021/2022, you need to apply for admission via the SIM portals until 30 September.
For more information on the SIM portals, please visit our SIM Saarland support pages. where you will find lots of information, videos and step-by-step instructions.
- Enrolment deadline for a winter semester: 30 September
- Enrolment deadline for a summer semester: 29 March
If you wish to enrol in a non-restricted entry degree programme, you do not need to apply for admission beforehand. In this case, you can directly enrol for the respective programme until 30 September. The SIM portal is only accessible during the enrolment periods.
Required documents and Regulations Governing Student Enrolment at Saarland University (Immatrikulationsordnung)
- Overview of the Documents required for enrolment
- Regulations Governing Student Enrolment at Saarland University (Immatrikulationsordnung) (PDF, currently available in German only)
Study-related documentation and certification
Once you have successfully enrolled, you can download the following study-related documentation from theSIM portals:
- Your IT account notification letter containing your HIZ (UdS) ID, student password and student email address will be available for download in the SIM application portal once you are enrolled.
- You can then download all other study-related documentation and certification (e.g. certificate of enrolment, confirmation of student status (BAföG)) from the SIM student web portal by entering your HIZ (UdS) ID and your student password.
Applicants who have a foreign higher education entrance qualification
Different rules apply if you are a prospective student with a foreign higher education entrance qualification and are planning to enrol for the first semester of a study programme at Saarland University. For further information please see the information for international applicants.
Registering or enrolling as a doctoral research student
As a doctoral research student (PhD student) at Saarland University, you may be required to register or enrol with the Admissions Office. Click the following link for further information on registering or enrolling as a doctoral research student.