Start-up funding for research ideas
With this funding programme, the Research Committee aims to provide funding that will allow researchers (i) to develop their research idea and prepare their application for external funding, or (ii) to prepare their findings in the field of humanities for publication (no funding available for final-year theses, doctoral theses or post-doctoral research theses). The programme is targeted at young researchers who do not have their own funds and have not yet been able to secure external funding.
For more information on the application procedure, please refer to the Geschäftsordnung des Forschungsausschusses (currently available in German only).
Information on the call for proposals
- Next deadline: 01 september 2023 (12,noon)
- Call for proposals and application documents: see below
If you have any questions regarding the application process for the start-up funding programme please contact us via email:
Please note that the application process for the start-up funding programme has been adapted:
- Applications need to be submitted via email to forschungsausschuss(at)uni-saarland.de
- Members of research staff who wish to apply need to be enrolled or registered as doctoral researchers or to already be qualified to doctoral level (requirements see call for proposals.
- Applications may be submitted in German and in English. Applicants who submit their application in English will need to include a German summary that is easy to understand also for individuals who are not professionals in the respective field of research.
- In the start-up funding programme, the goal of preparing externally funded projects was expanded to include the preparation of publication projects (not qualification publications).
- The compliance form has to be included as an attachment to the application.