Atlas of Human History and Migration
- Interactive overview of major world civilizations and key historical events
The Perry Castañeda Library Map Collection
- offers a comprehensive collection of all types of maps, recent and historical in various formats (political, historical, relief, etc.). The Web Site also contains a comprehensive collection of links to other Map Sites on the WWW (General, Historical, Country, City, Weather etc)
- This historical map collection has over 21,000 maps and images online. The collection focuses on rare 18th and 19th century North American and South American maps and other cartographic materials. Historic maps of the World,Europe,Asia, and Africa are also represented (website).
Library of Congress' Map Collections Homepage
- Not only Americana but historical and recent maps from nearly all world regions.
Photography and Art
- The Web Gallery of Art is a virtual museum and searchable database of European painting and sculpture of the Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Neoclassicism, Romanticism periods (1000-1850), currently containing over 24.000 reproductions. Picture commentaries, artist biographies are available.
Smithsonian Institution Archive, Manuscripts and Photographs Catalogue
- provides free and open access to over 700,000 images digitized from the The New York Public Library's vast collections, including illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints, photographs and more.
VADS - The Online Resource for Visual Arts
- VADS is the online resource for visual arts. It offers access to more than 40 special collections of images, e.g. posters from the world wars, African adn Asian visual arts, Oxford portraits...
- Dedicated to the history of British cartooning over the last two hundred years. The BCA holds the artwork for more than 150,000 British editorial, socio-political, and pocket cartoons, supported by large collections of comic strips, newspaper cuttings, books and magazines. (website)
Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History (The Metropolitan Museum of Art)
- chronological, geographical, and thematic exploration of the history of art from around the world, as illustrated by the Metropolitan Museum of Art's collection. Large digital collection of works of art.
- Podcasts, artist's films, records of performances, lectures and interviews related to the gallery