Portals to Academic Journals
Elektronische Zeitschriften Bibliothek's collection of academic journals on English literature and culture can be found here.
The Directory of Open Access Journals has a list of more than 180 journals on English language and literature which are all available for free.
Wikipedia List of African Studies Journals
- biannual newsletter of the Association for the Study of New Literatures in English.
Ariel: A Review of International English Literature
- quarterly for critical and scholarly study of the new and the established literatures in English around the world. Founded 1970 by Norman Jeffares.
Anthurium: A Caribbean Studies Journal
- bi-annual, peer-reviewed journal that publishes original works by Caribbean writers and scholars worldwide exclusively in electronic form.
Calabash: A Journal of Caribbean Arts and Letters
- international literary journal dedicated to publishing works encompassing, but not limited to, the Anglophone, Francophone, Hispanophone and Dutch-speaking Caribbean.
Diaspora: A Journal of Transnational Studies
- multidisciplinary journal dedicated to the study of the history, culture, social structure, politics, and economy of diasporas. Via Ebsco Host
JOUVERT: Journal of Postcolonial Studies
- edited by Deborah Wyrick (North Carolina State UNiversity) has ceased publication, but back issues can be read online.
The Journal of Commonwealth Literature (Access only via university network/vpn)
- one of the oldest postcolonial journals in the field. Edited by John Thieme.
Journal of South Asian Literature (formerly Mahfil)
- Quaterly by the Asian Studies Center, Michigan State University.
- Refereed open access journal that publishes articles, book reviews, interviews, poetry and fiction on postcolonial, transnational, and indigenous themes. Edited by Heike H. Harting, Université de Montréal.
Quarterly Literary Review Singapore
- QLRS is the Internet literary journal of Singapore.
- Quarterly journal on racism, empire and globalisation.
Sargasso: Emerging Scholars of Caribbean Literature, Language & Culture
- is a peer-reviewed journal of literature, language, and culture edited at the University of Puerto Rico. Some content available online, e.g. interviews.
The South Asia Women's Network
- is a mailing list for and from women from Bangladesh, Buthan, India, Maledives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Maintained by Concordia University, Canada.
Small Axe. A Caribbean Platform for Criticism
- social, cultural, and political criticism. edited by David Scott, Columbia University, New York.
- is a refereed online journal edited and produced by research students at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London.
South Asian Diaspora (Ebsco Host)
- is a peer-reviewed coverage of the issues that the South Asian Diaspora presents for the contemporary world.
- Third World perspectives on contemporary art
- ideas about race, ethnicity, culture, and politics."
Wadabagei: A Journal of the Caribbean & Its Diasporas
- Publishes articles from diverse fields including politics, literature, sociology, and religion, and reviews recent publication in Caribbean studies.
WASAFIRI: The International Magazine for Contemporary Writing
- platform for mapping new landscapes in comtemporary international writing
CONTACT US to suggest a website, report a broken link, or leave a comment