Blackwell Reference Online is a vast online library the contains more than 350 reference volumes on a wide range of academic subjects (From Anthropology to Sociology). It includes the well known Blackwell Companions and Handbooks, among them e.g. the Companion to Postcolonial Studies, Dictionary of Postcolonial Theory, and many specialized companions to English and American studies.
In Oxford Reference Online you will find a wealth of facts, figures, definitions, and translations from 175+ Oxford reference titles, many of which are in-depth, scholarly articles from titles in the acclaimed series. (information from website)
The literature sections contains useful and quotable (!) information, e.g. the Oxford Dictionary of Literary Terms.
The Literary Reference Center contains a study guide, a glossary of literary terms and information on authors, their works (critical studies and plot summaries), literary periods and genres.
The SULB has a subscription for several parts of the collection. Among them are "Handbücher zur Sprach- und Kommunikationswissenschaft" (60+ titles) and some titles from its publications on literary criticism.
University of California E-Books Collection 1982-2004.
About 350 scholarly books from the collection are accessible for the general public. Collection contains many interesting titles on literary theory and criticism, history, sociology, media studies,postcolonial studies, film, etc etc.
SULB Collection of E-Books
There is a list of E-Book sources on the SULB website.
Some suggestions and comments:
- A good resource for literary criticism and social science is the NetLibrary
- Many e-books on social sciences can be downloaded fromSpringer E-Books
- Archive.orgoffers a large and free collection of older literature, criticism, history..., but also audiobooks and films.
- Gutenberg.orgis one of the major producers of free e-books
- The Rare Book Roomcontains more than 400 of what the editors consider the "greatest books of the world". Pages have been photographed at a very good quality
CONTACT US to suggest a website, report a broken link, or leave a comment