Mathematics for Economists
The course adresses to all Bachelor students in Economics.
After a successful participation students can handle basic mathematical concepts and apply them in the context of economic problems.
In particular, students learn about Set Theory and Logic, Sequences and Limits, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Multivariate Functions, Matrix Calculus, Linear Systems of Equations and Linear Optimization.
- Credit Points: 9
- Semester: Wintersemester
- Scope: Lecture: 4 SH, Tutorial: 2 SH
- Course Language: German
- Exam: Written exam at the end of the semester (120 min.)
- Dates: Tuesdays 12:30 o'clock until 14:00 o'clock and Thursdays 8:30 o'clock until 10:00 o'clock
- Location: Audimax, building B4 1
- Start: 25. October 2022
- In separate small groups. One exercise sheet per week.
- Mondays 16:15 o'clock bis 17:45 o'clock (B4 1 0.04)
- Wednesdays 14:15 o'clock bis 15:45 o'clock (B4 1 0.04)
- Thursdays 10:15 o'clock bis 11:45 o'clock (B4 1 0.24)
- Thursdays 14:00 o'clock bis 15:30 o'clock (B4 1 0.04)
- Fridays 10:15 o'clock bis 11:45 o'clock (B4 1 0.07)
- The group attended can be chosen freely each week. There is no need to pre-register.
- Start in the second lecture week (from 31. October 2022)
Lecture and tutorial notes can be found on Moodle.
Additional test exercises with integrated feedback are available on Moodle (registration required for the separete moodle class "Testaufgaben Mathematik für WirtschaftswissenschaftlerInnen" ).
Set of Numbers
Inequations and Absolute Value
Sequences and Limits
Extreme Value Problems
Linear Systems of Equations
Extreme Value Theory