Information for Incoming ERASMUS Students
- You can get in touch with the departmental ERASMUS co-ordinator, Dr. Heike Mißler, via email (h.missler[at]mx.uni-saarland.de) if you have any questions about the English Department or any of our courses.
- All of our courses can be found here: LSF (online course catalogue and registration system). You can find our courses using the search function or by clicking on "Philosophische Fakulät P" and then on "Anglistik, Amerikanistik, und Anglophone Kulturen".
- Our study programmes consist of modules in four or five different thematic sections, depending on the study programme (BA/MA/teaching degrees): Literature, Linguistics, Cultural Studies, Language Teaching, and Didactics. Each module consists of several courses. When choosing courses, you do not necessarily have to complete the entire module. You can also choose courses from different modules within our study programmes.
- This document will help you understand the types of courses we offer and how many credit points you will get for which course. Please refrain from trying to negotiate credit points with our lecturers. We are not allowed to give you more credit points for extra work, and we are under no obligation to give you fewer credit points for less work. Further information can be found in the document.
- You will receive ECTS certificates for your courses at the end of the semester with the German grade and the equivalent ECTS grade. It is your responsibility to send the certificate with your contact details and the course details to your lecturers. They will add the grade, sign, and stamp the certificates for you and forward them to the International Office. The template for the certificate and further information on this process can be found here: https://www.uni-saarland.de/global/erasmus/incomings/transcript-of-records.html
- At the end of your stay, the International Office at Saarland University will issue your transcript of records based on the certificates that they have received.
- For all questions concerning your Erasmus grants, insurance, accomodation, visa, etc, please get in touch with the International Office at Saarland University (or with the Erasmus office at your home university).
- Check out this presentation with information on our courses, our online platforms, and more: A very short introduction to studying English at Saarland University
How to communicate with your instructors
Please read this document before contacting a member of staff. Thank you very much!