The Trilingual Campus team offers the following services:
- Translation into English and French / Translation management
- Systematic terminology management (higher education sector)
- Advice on translation issues
We use the professional translation software SDL Trados Studio, which stores all of our quality-approved translations and makes them available to us should we need to translate similar texts at some future date (translation memory system).
Our focus here is on providing translations of formal administrative documents and similar texts that are of particular relevance to international students and visiting academics. Examples
- Academic study and teaching: Admission and enrolment application documents, study and examination regulations for English-language degree programmes, principles of good academic practice at Saarland University
- Human resources: Documents used in the professorial appointment procedure, application forms for parental leave, information for research assistants
- Workplace safety: Emergency response plan / fire safety regulations at Saarland University
If you have administrative documents of this type that need translation into English or French, please get in touch.
With the expansion of Saarland University's Trilingual Campus in 2022, key website and intranet content is now being translated into English and in part also into French. In the first phase of this work, the priority will be on web and intranet content of greatest relevance to prospective international students and to the international students and staff already here.
We would welcome your feedback if you have identified university web pages and intranet content that you think could be of particular importance to these target groups.
If you have a specific translation request, we suggest that you contact us.
In view of the very large demand for translations at Saarland University, we are currently only able to accept translation requests if these are of core relevance to our international target groups. Unfortunately, we cannot provide translation or proofreading services for academic papers or for web pages that are not directly relevant to international students or staff.
Please also note that good translations take time to complete and our focus is on delivering high-quality professional translations. If you have a translation request, please get in touch with us at the earliest opportunity so that we can incorporate your text into our work schedule and provide you with an estimate of the time needed to complete your translation. The demand for translations is extremely large across all areas of the university.
Do you need to have a text translated and you'd like to find out more about the steps involved? You can learn more in the section Workflow.