Thilini Ranasinghe, M.Phil.
Juniorprofessur für BWL, insb. Digitale Transformation im Operations Management
Fakultät HW, Bereich Wirtschaftswissenschaft
Universität des Saarlandes
Gebäude C3 1, Raum 223
Tel: 0681 / 302 4831
Sprechstunde: Nach Vereinbarung
Human Factors and Ergonomics
Behavioral Operations Management
Digital Transformation in Operation Management
Manufacturing Systems Modelling and Evaluation
PhD Student at the Chair of Digital Transformation im Operations Management at Saarland University
07/2019 to 06/2022
Lecturer, Department of Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Awarded Master of Philosophy by University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. Thesis Title “Analysis and Modelling of Learning Curve and its effects on Manufacturing System Performance”
04/2018 to 10/2018
Academic Instructor at Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka
|02/2015 to 04/2018||Research Assistant at Department of Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering, (Former Department of Production Engineering), Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka|
|08/2013 to 02/2015||Project team lead, MAS Autonomation group, MAS holdings (Pvt) Ltd, Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|07/2009 to 07/2013||Bachelor of the Science in Engineering (Honors), Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. Specialized in Production Engineering|
- Ranasinghe, T., Senanayake, C., Grosse, E.H., 2024. Effects of stochastic and heterogeneous worker learning on the performance of a two-workstation production system. International Journal of Production Economics, 267, 109076. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2023.109076.
- Ranasinghe, T., Grosse, E.H., Glock, C.H., and Jaber, M.Y. (2023). Aging workforce and learning: State-of-the-art. Proceedings of 22nd IFAC World Congress, Yokohama, Japan.
- Ranasinghe, T., Grosse, E.H., Glock, C.H., and Jaber, M.Y. (2023). You never stop learning: On the effects of workforce ageing on learning. Proceedings of the 30th EurOMA Conference, Leuven, Belgium.
- Ranasinghe, T., Jayathilaka, G., Jayaweera, T., Kulatunga, A., and Walgampaya, C. (2023). Worker Training Optimization in an IoT-Enabled Environment. Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Learning Factories (CLF 2023), Reutlingen, Germany. http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.4457097
- Ranasinghe, T., Senanayake, C. and Perera, K. (2018). Effects of Non-homogeneous learning on the performance of serial production systems - A Simulation Study. Proceedings of the 2018 Moratuwa Engineering Research Conference (MERCon), Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8421995 (Won the Best paper award in "Engineering Mathematics" track of the conference)
- Dissanayaka D., Ranasinghe T. and Senanayake C. (2016). Analysis of efficiency ladders used in apparel manufacturing line performance forecasting. Proceedings of the Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering Symposium (MIES), Colombo, Sri Lanka. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7780268/
- Ranasinghe T., Senanayake C. and Perera K. (2016). Empirical Analysis and Modeling of Learning Curve in the Apparel Manufacturing Industry. Proceedings of International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM), Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. http://ieomsociety.org/ieom_2016/pdfs/189.pdf
- Ranasinghe T., Senanayake C., Perera K. and Gamage P. (2016). Forecasting Accuracy of Learning Curves in Apparel Industry. Proceedings of the 110th Annual Sessions of Institute of Engineers Sri Lanka (IESL), Colombo, Sri Lanka. pp.275 -279.
2022 to 2025
GraduSAAR Scholarship for Doctoral Students, Saarland University
Colombo Dockyard Prize for Best Performance in Production Engineering, University of Peradeniya
MAS award for the Best Overall Student 2012/2013 of Department of Production Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya. Presented by MAS Holdings (Pvt) Ltd, Colombo, Sri Lanka