Study and Research Projects (Master)
The Junior Professorship for Digital Transformation and Information Systems regularly offers master's students the opportunity to work on a study or research project. The aim here is to promote the transfer of theoretical knowledge into practice and to conceptually prepare and practically implement complex issues in the field of digitization and business informatics.
The study or research project has the following learning objectives:
- Application and deepening of learned theoretical, conceptual and methodological basics.
- Explanation of scientific models on the basis of exemplary questions and topics
- Presentation and discussion of research results
In the context of the presentation of the results of the research and study projects, students should also acquire presentation skills.
- Master Business Administration, Business Information Systems, Business Education, Digital Business Administration
- 15 CP (450 h)
In the module "Study Project" an independent scientific or practical work has to be created, which can also be done as a group work. The work usually has the character of a practical IT project. A maximum of one study project can be completed.
- Master Business Information Systems
- 15 CP (450 h)
The elective module "Research Project" is a special study project in which students independently undertake a completed task within a research project under supervision.
A maximum of two projects can be completed as part of the master's program. If you wish to take two projects, one of them must be at least a research project (i.e., a study project and a research project or two research projects can be combined).
In the "Research Project" module, an independent scientific paper must be produced. The publication of the developed research results in a conference paper is expected.
Please refer to the examination regulations valid for your course of study for the formal admission requirements for a registration to the study or research project.
Your complete application documents include
- Brief curriculum vitae, especially regarding your experience in the design and implementation of software projects
- Excerpt of the academic achievements in the current study period
- If you are proposing your own topic: short description and motivation of the topic
Please send the complete documents to the respective supervisor of your chosen topic or to Jun.-Prof. Dr. Stefan Morana.
- Start at any time, preferably at the beginning of a semester.
- The work can be done individually or in groups (consultation with the supervisor).
- Further information on a topic can be obtained from the specified supervisor.
- Registration for the project takes place after prior consultation with the supervisor via VIPA.
- The work on the study or research project must be written in English.
- Scope: 15 CP (450 h)
- Study programs Study project: Master Business Administration, Business Information Systems, Business Education, Digital Business Administration, Business & Law
- Study project: Master Business Information Systems
- General guidelines can be found here