Seminar Digital Transformation and Business Informatics
The seminar on Digital Transformation and Information Science is usually offered to students of economics at Saarland University every semester. Each seminar has a general topic, for which corresponding written seminar papers have to be written. In addition, the seminar paper is presented to the group of participants in a block event.
Please refer to the examination regulations valid for your course of studies for the formal admission requirements for a registration to the final thesis.
Registration for the seminar is done exclusively through the Economic Examination Office (Vipa). The registration deadlines for the seminar differ from the registration deadlines for the exams. Usually the deadlines for registration are already in the previous semester. The exact dates can be obtained from the Examination Office.
The following information refers to the number of pages in the text part. The number of pages includes figures/tables, but not the title page, outline, lists and appendix. Exceeding the maximum limit is only permitted after consultation with the supervisor (e.g. in the case of extensive, empirical work).
A seminar paper must be written in English and should be 15 text pages for Bachelors programs (±10%) or 25 text pages for Masters programs (±10%).
- Intermediate presentation: approx. 5 slides, 7 min. presentation, 8 min. discussion (Q&A)
- Final presentation: approx. 12 slides, 15 min. presentation, 15 min. discussion (Q&A)
- Separate handouts: optional
- Grading: structure, content, scientific added value generated and general presentation skills
- Provision: Please send your presentation to the respective supervisor of the seminar topic at least 24 hours ahead of the actual presentation date