Bachelor's degree programmes without entry restrictions and the state-examined degree programme in law
If you meet the academic requirements to begin studying at a university, you may enrol directly and you do not need to first apply for admission. Note: Some degree programmes only start in the winter semester. For information on starting dates, please refer to the web page that lists the degree programmes currently offered.
Online enrolment is conducted via the SIM application portal during fixed enrolment periods:
- early June until 30 September (for winter semester entry)
- early December until 31 March (for summer semester entry).
As part of the enrolment process, you will need to submit the following documents in digital form (e.g. as a scan):
- Preliminary review documentation from uni-assist including the assessment of your higher education entrance status (i.e. whether you can apply directly for a place on any degree programme or only to study certain subjects, or whether you first need to complete a preparatory higher education access course), only for a first semester application
- Proof of German language proficiency at the required level
- Valid identity document (identity card or passport)
- Passport photograph
- All pages of your higher education entrance qualification (in the original language plus an officially certified translation into German, English or French; if the original document is in German, English or French, no translation is required)
- Proof of health insurance cover
- Proof of payment of the semester fee
- If applicable, proof of de-registration from the German university at which you were previously enrolled.