Applicants from the EU/EEA with a foreign higher education entrance qualification

The information on this page is for applicants who are EU nationals or from a country in the European Economic Area (EEA: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and whose higher education entrance qualification was not acquired in Germany nor from a German school abroad.

Undergraduate degree programmes (also known as first degree programmes or first-cycle programmes) can be split into those to which admission restrictions apply ('restricted-entry programmes') and those to which no such restrictions apply ('non-restricted entry programmes'). Restricted-entry programmes are those where the number of study places available is limited. If you would like to join one of these programmes, the first step is to apply for admission. If you want to study a subject for which entry restrictions do not apply, you may enrol directly with the university provided that you meet the requirements to begin studying at university. To find out whether entry restrictions apply to a particular degree programme, please refer to the web page that lists the degree programmes currently offered.