Applicants from Luxembourg or applicants with an AbiBac qualification
If you obtained your higher education entrance qualification in Luxembourg in accordance with Luxembourg law or you have acquired the Franco-German school leaving qualification AbiBac, you do not need to apply for preliminary review documentation from uni-assist and you do not need to provide proof of proficiency in German. The admission application and enrolment processes are carried out using the same criteria that apply to German applicants.
How to apply
Applications are submitted online via the application portal managed by the Department of Computer Science.
Both programmes start in the winter semester, but applications can be submitted from mid-November of the previous year. The application period closes on 15 July. For details regarding the application process, please refer to the Computer Science FAQ page.
The application must be submitted via the dialogue-oriented service procedure (DoSV) – online application interface (AntOn) managed by Hochschulstart. Your application documents must then be sent by post to Hochschulstart.
The degree programmes 'Medicine', 'Dentistry' and 'Pharmaceutical Science' only start in the winter semester.
- Application period: April 2023 until 15 July 2023 (midnight)
- Note: For applicants who gained their higher education entrance qualification before 16 January 2023, the deadline for applications is 31 May 2023.
With respect to the admission application procedure, international applicants and German applicants are treated equally.
If you meet the academic requirements to begin studying at a university, you may enrol directly and you do not need to first apply for admission. Note: Some degree programmes only start in the winter semester. For information on starting dates, please refer to the web page that lists the degree programmes currently offered.
Online enrolment is conducted via the SIM application portal during fixed enrolment periods:
- early June until 30 September (for winter semester entry)
- early December until 31 March (for summer semester entry).
If your application was successful and you receive an offer of admission, you will need to enrol in your chosen degree programme. Information on the enrolment procedure and enrolment deadline is contained in your letter of admission. As enrolment is only possible during a period of a few days, please check your email inbox regularly.
In addition to your letter of admission, you will also need to submit the following documents in digital form (e.g. as a scan) as part of the enrolment process:
- Valid identity document (identity card or passport)
- Passport photograph
- All pages of your higher education entrance qualification (in the original language plus an officially certified translation into German, English or French; if the original document is in German, English or French, no translation is required)
- Proof of health insurance cover
- Proof of payment of the semester fee
- If applicable, proof of de-registration from the German university at which you were previously enrolled.