Information for Incoming ERASMUS Students
- You can get in touch with the departmental ERASMUS co-ordinator, Dr. Heike Mißler, via email (h.missler[at]mx.uni-saarland.de) if you have any questions about the English Department or any of our courses.
- All of our courses can be found here: LSF (online course catalogue and registration system). You can find our courses using the search function or by clicking on "Philosophische Fakulät P" and then on "Anglistik, Amerikanistik, und Anglophone Kulturen".
- This document will help you understand the types of courses we offer and how many credit points you will get for which course.
- You will receive ECTS certificates for your courses at the end of the semester with the German grade and the equivalent ECTS grade. Please notify your instructors as soon as possible that you are an Erasmus student and will need a certificate. Your instructors will let you know at the beginning of the semester what the requirements for their courses are.
- At the end of your stay, you have to submit your ECTS certificates to the International Office at Saarland University and they will in turn issue your transcript of records.
- For all questions concerning your Erasmus grants, insurance, accomodation, visa, etc, please get in touch with the International Office at Saarland University (or with the Erasmus office at your home university).
- Check out this presentation with information on our courses, our online platforms, and more: A very short introduction to studying English at Saarland University
How to communicate with your instructors
Please read this document before contacting a member of staff. Thank you very much!