Divakaruni, Chitra Banerjee
About Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Biography, extensive link list. Source: Sawnet.org
Biography, select bibliography. Source: University of Minnesota.
Author homepage with short biography, list of her works and links to interviews and excerpts
MRS. DUTTA WRITES A LETTER
Varma, Abha. Mrs. Dutta Writes a Letter. kahany.com, 2001.
UNKNOWN ERRORS OF OUR LIVES
Reale, Michelle. The Unknown Errors of Our Lives. Rain Taxi, 2001.
Talusan, Grace. Wherever You Go, There You Are. AsianWeek, 2001 (April 27 - May 3).
Patel, Lopa. Arranged Marriage by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. redhotcurry.com.
Wallia, C.J.S. Arranged Marriage. Indolink.
Ghosh, Bishnupriya.Arranged Marriages by Chitra Divakaruni. Weber Journal (Vol. 13.2), 1996.
Susan Chacko, Priya Bradfield & Sangeeta Ray. 3 Reviews of Arranged Marriage. Sawnet.
QUEEN OF DREAMS
Sinha, Reeta. Queen of Dreams by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Sawnet, 2009 (February 16).
SISTER OF MY HEART
Rajan, Julie. Sister of My Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Monsoon Mag, 2000.
Sawka, Karma. Sister of My Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Mostlyfiction Magazine, 2002 (April 13th).
THE VINE OF DESIRE
Joshi, Aiko. The Vine of Desire by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Sawnet.
Chopra, Sonia. The Vine of Desire by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Bookreporter.com, 2010.
Chaudhury, Shoma. Soaporifically Inclined. OutlookIndia, 2002 (April 1).
THE MISTRESS OF SPICES
Chatterjee, Shampa & Susan Chacko. 2 Reviews of The Mistress of Spices. Sawnet.
Marcus, Morton. The Spice of Life. Metroactive Magazine, 1997 (May 8-17).
Mitra, Bansari. The Mistress of Spices by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. IndiaStar.
Durgapal, Sneha. Neela by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. lokvani.com, 2003 (August 4).
Pais, Arthur J. "The attitude of richer Indians causes anger and resentment". Rediff, 2003 (October 23).
Pasha, Shaheen. The Mistress of the Written Word. Rediff, 2001 (April 14).
Seshachari, Neila C. Writing as Spiritual Experience: A Conversation with Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Weber Journal (Vol. 18.2), 2001.
Bauer, Erika. A Discussion with Chitra Divakaruni. ebstudios.com, 1993 (March).
Bolick, Katie. A Woman's Places: A Conversation with Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. The Atlantic Online, 1998 (April 9).
Piehl, Norah & Sonia Chopra. 2 Interviews with Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. bookreporter.com, 2010 (February 12).
Holt, Pat. Holt Uncensored #45. Holt Uncensored, 1999 (March 17). - Excerpts from stage interview
Writings by Chitra Divakaruni
- Sister of my Heart - excerpt. Random House, 1998.
- The Conch Bearer - excerpt. Book Browse, 2003.
- Wheat: Complexions and Pink Cheeks. Rediff, 2001 (April 2nd).
- What Women Share. Random House, 1998.
- Uncertain Objects of Desire. The Atlantic Online, 2000.
- Do South Asian Women Need Separate Shelter Homes? Rediff, 1999 (July 6th).
- My Fictional Children. Salon Magazine, 1998 (28th January).
- Fear of Flying with Children. Slaon Magazine, 1998 (15th January).
- Not an Easy Love. Salon Magazine, 1997 (11th December).
- Talking to Strangers. Salon Magazine, 1997 (13th November).
- Giving Life and Taking it Away. Salon Magazine, 1997 (29th October).
- Live Free and Starve. Salon Magazine, 1997 (16th October).
- Why Don't They Just Leave? Salon Magazine, 1997 (2nd October).
- The Common Enemy. Salon Magazine, 1997 (18th September).
- The Disappointment of Aloneness. Salon Magazine, 1997 (10th July).
- Of Fame and Stomach Flu. Salon Magazine, 1997 (24th July).
- Indian Born in the USA. Salon Magazine, 1997 (21st August).
- His First Heartbreak. Salon Magazine, 1997 (7th August).
- Blood Brothers. Salon Magazine, 1997 (4th September).
- Common Scents. Salon Magazine, 1997 (26th June).
- Dissolving Boundaries. Random House, 1997.
- My Work with MAITRI. Random House, 1997.
- The Lives of Strangers. Art Magazine Agni, 2001.
- Crossing. Weber Studies (Vol. 15.1), 1998.
- The Arranged Marriage from Arranged Marriages. Emory University, 1998.
- The River; The World Tree. Random House, 1997. - two poems
No author given. Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Time Magazine, 2000
Johnson, Hillary. Mistress of the Everyday. LA Weekly, 1999 (25th March).
Mehta, Julie. Sunnyvale Author Chitra Divakaruni Talks About Marriages and Stereotypes. Metro Newspaper, 1996 (October 3-9).
Banerjee, Neela. Mistress of Self. AsianWeek, 2001 (April 27 - May 3).
see Research Section
Most of these resources require access to the university network (via vpn client)