Prof. Dr. Christian Motz
Prof. Motz group is focused on the relationship between the structure and the mechanical properties of materials. The mechanical properties of many materials are largely determined by their nano- and microstructure, therefore it is possible to adapt them to the requirements by targeted manipulation of the structure.
A particular interest lies in the main areas of research:
- Micro- and nanomechanics: influence of defect structure, temperature and environment
- Fatigue and fracture behaviour of complex materials
- Nanocrystalline materials: structure, stability and mechanical properties
- Discrete dislocation dynamics simulations
- Homepage of the working group