My research interests include translation and translation technologies with a specific focus on machine translation, machine translation evaluation and post-editing.
During the last years I was involved in several research projects, working on different topics, such as machine translation evaluation, post-editing, specific properties of translations, variation in translation. A list of my publications can be found here.
- Collaborative Research Center (SFB1102) Information Density and Linguistic Encoding: Project B7 on Modelling Human Translation with a Noisy Channel
- CLARIN-D: Common Language Resources and Technology Infrastructure
- EXPERT: EXPloiting Empirical appRoaches to Translation
- BESAHOT: Explanative Bewertungsanalyse für die Saarländische Hotelerie
- MUSING: MUlti-industry, Semantic-based next generation business INtelliGence
- KOALA: KOrpus-basierte mAschinelle TransLAtion
- CROCO: Linguistic Properties of Translations. A corpus-based investigation for the language pair English-German
- SMARTWEB: Foundations for multimodal user interfaces to distributed and composable semantic Web services on mobile devices
- ESPERONTO: Integration of NLP, ontologies and other knowledge bases, is being performed with the goal to implement a semantic annotation service that upgrades the actual Web towards the emerging Semantic Web
- MUMIS: Multimedia Indexing and Searching of Data