- is the only resource that seeks to gather and organise all possible sites about and by Caribbean Amerindians' and publishes two magazines (Issues in Caribbean Amerindian Studies, Kacike: The Journal of Caribbean Amerindian History and Anthropology). The site contains full-text versions of historical books/documents Update information provided.
Sandra W. Meditz and Dennis M. Hanratty, editors. Caribbean Islands: A Country Study. Washington: GPO for the Library of Congress, 1987.
- CIA World Factbook, Portals to the World, Länderinformationsportal, mit offenen Karten (videostream), Auswärtiges Amt, Department of State, etc.
- British Academy research project - website contains many working papers on aspects of colonial trade.
Preliminary bibliography of selected sources related to the history and culture of people of Indian origins in the Caribbean and other areas of the diaspora. Its main purpose is to share resources, as well as to acknowledge the amount of work undertaken in the field and show the broadening research patterns developed by scholars in recent years.
Madhavi Kale. "Race and empire: the case of Indian indentured migration" Empire Online (vpn client necessary)
Coolies: How Britain reinvented Slavery
- BBC documentary on the system of indentured labour
- youtube links:Part one, part two, part three, part four, part five, part six
Collection of Resources on Slavery and Slave Trade
Digital Collections (Literature, History, Images, Maps)
- The Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) is a cooperative digital library for resources from and about the Caribbean and circum-Caribbean. dLOC provides access to digitized versions of Caribbean cultural, historical and research materials currently held in archives, libraries, and private collections.
- Caribmap is a resource for exploring historical map images of Caribbean islands.Very user-friendly arrangement of historical maps of the Caribbean islands on a timeline.
- Over 1,200 images, maps and texts from the 18th and 19th centuries reveal contrasting experiences of life in the former British colonies.
- currently four digital collections.
- Picture Dis: National Online Album of Jamaica
- Jamaica Unshackled: resources on three landmark popular uprisings in Jamaican history.
- Digital Library of the Caribbean
- Slave Trade
- Collection of annotated antique maps of Jamaica from 1572 – 1910. Very large, printable and downloadable high-quality reproductions.
Other websites with maps and images related to the Caribbean can be found in Images (Art and Maps).
Historical documents (newspapers, pamphlets, books) published in Britain and the United States/Colonial America related to the Caribbean can be found in the section Britain and America: Historical (Con)Texts.
- The history of the British Caribbean is explored in this exhibition through government documents, photographs and maps dating from the 17th century to the 1920s and discovered during a cataloguing project at The National Archives of the United Kingdom.
- Collection of biographies, reviews, interviews, criticism on Caribbean writers
- Digital collection of readings and interviews with Caribbean authors, videotaped between 1991 and 1996 at the University of Miami.
Caribbean Voices (BBC, 2009)
- two-part series on the BBC program Caribbean Voices and its contribution to the establishment of Caribbean literature.
- bimonthly magazine covering Caribbean literature and arts.
Diana Castilleja, Lieven D’hulst, Krista Slagle, Katrien Van der Aa, eds. A Critical bibliography of English, French, and Spanish Caribbean Literatures (1954-2004). Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 2009.
- Collection of bibliographical resources (online and offline)
Reference Books on Caribbean Literature: IB and UB Holdings
'Jamaica's Maroons'. BBC, 2007
- "Creativity and Resistance: Maroon Culture in the Americas"
- Online exhibition and teaching material
- Section of the website Slave Resistance: A Caribbean Study written and edited by students of history at U of Miami.
- Newspapers, television channels and radio stations from the Caribbean
- Biography, Discography, Lyrics and Videos
- Directory of websites dedicated to dub music
- Concise description of the religion, its history, practices and protagonists.
- Private website which contains a considerable body of writings by Garvey. however, accurate bibliographic data is often lacking.
- Biography, Essays and documentary material on Garvey and the Universal Negro Improvement Association
Slavery and Slave Trade
- The section contains websites representing the history of the slave trade, but also databases specialized in documenting slavery and slave trade.