Brown, Andrew. Searching for a Better Way (Rev. of An End to Suffering). Guardian, 2004 (November 6).
Hussein, Aamer. How Flaubert Can Change Your Life (Rev. of The Romantics). Independent, 2000 (January 22).
Wintle, Justin. Karma Flattens Dogma on the Road to Nirvana (Rev. of An End to Suffering). Independent, 2004 (November 5).
Goodheart, Adam.Philosopher King (Rev. of An End to Suffering). New York Times, 2005 (February 6).
Grimes, William. In an Age of Strife, What Would Buddha Do? (Rev. of An End of Suffering). New York Times, 2004 (December 27).
Kakutani, Michiko. Shedding Illusions of Youth by the Ganges (Rev. of The Romantics). New York Times, 2000 (March 21).
Kapur, Akash. Sentimental Education (Rev. of The Romantics). New York Times, 2000 (February 27).
Writings by Pankaj Mishra
- VS Naipaul's An Area of Darkness. Private, no date given.
- The Barbarian Invasion. Guardian, 2004 (September 11).
- One Man's Beef. Guardian, 2002 (July 13).
- For God and Empire. Guardian, 2003 (May 17). - Mishra reviews Freud and the Non-European by Edward W. Said and Infidels: The Conflict Between Christendom and and Islam 638-2002 by Andrew Wheatcroft
- Magical Mystery Tour. New York Times, 2003 (February 9). - Mishra reviews Abandon by Pico Iyer
- Ex-Father of the Nation. New York Times, 2001 (April 15). - Mishra reviews Gandhi's Passion by Stanley Wolpert
- Passages to India. New York Times, 2004 (July 18). - Mishra reviews My Nine Lives by Ruth Prawer Jhabvala
- There'll Always Be an England in India. New York Times, 2001 (February 11). - Mishra reviews The Glass Palace by Amitav Ghosh
- Expensive Trips. New York Times, 2005 (February 27). - Mishra reviews God Lives in St. Petersburg by Tom Bissell
see Research Section
Most of these resources require access to the university network (via vpn client)