The EurIdentity Certificate provides a broad knowledge on European topics and the EU. Students from all disciplines and Erasmus students can choose classes about Europe and the EU and deepen their intercultural competencies. The EurIdentity Certificate also offers the possibility to gain skills of value for the international job market and to aquire an additional qualification.
The EurIdentity Certificate is open to all students of Saarland University and of the partner universities in the university network UniGR.
There are two levels:
- Level 1: E-learning module "EurIdentity Basic Module: Foundations of Europe" with basics on European topics (6 ECTS). Course language is english, course offer: winter semester.
- Level 2: In "EurIdentity Certificate: Advanced Level" students get a deeper insight into European topics. They have to gain 24 ECTS to receive the certificate. The Basic Module is integrated into Level 2 certificate. Course languages are german, english or french, depending on the choosen classes. A mobility is obligatory.
E-Learning-Module "EurIdentity Basic Module: Foundations of Europe"
The e-learning module "EurIdentity Basic Module: Foundations of Europe" consists of 12 units on topics about Europe and the EU, which are designed by experts from all seven partner universities. The module consists of video material in combination with independent reading and concludes with a multiple-choice exam. A total of 6 ECTS can be earned in the module.
Registration for E-Learning-Module "EurIdentity Basic Module: Foundations of Europe":
- Select the course "EurIdentity Basic Module: Foundations of Europe" from your online course catalogue/lecture catalogue lsf.
- Check the course dates and deadlines (kick-off meeting, exam).
- The course runs on the OpenOlat learning platform. You must register on OpenOlat to participate and book the course. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:
If you have any questions contact the study coordinators.
EurIdentity Certificate Advanced Level 2: Information for Students of Saarland University
If you are an Erasmus student, you can choose the classes of Europaicum Certificate from the LSF-Course Catalogue in order to gain the certificate without further enrollment. Please contact the study coordinators of Europaicum Certificate for advice and recognition of classes.
To gain EurIdentity Certificate you have to integrate the following aspects into Europaicum Certificate:
- EurIdentity Basic Module: Foundations of Europe
- Compulsory mobility within the UniGR network or at another European university
Course Catalogues EurIdentity Advanced Module:
- Université Liége
Course Catalague Advanced Level Université Liége
- University of Luxembourg
Course Catalague Advanced Level University of Luxembourg
- Universié de Lorraine
Course Catalogue Advanced Level Universié de Lorraine (link will be added)
- htw saar
Course Catalogue Advanced Level htw saar
- Universität Trier
Course Catalogue Advanced Level Universität Trier
- RPTU Kaiserslautern
Course Catalogue Advanced Level RPTU Kaiserslautern
Recognition of classes in order to get the certificate für Erasmus students: please contact the study coordinator at CEUS: firstname.lastname@example.org
EurIdentity Certificate Advanced Level 2: Information for Incoming Students from UniGR Partner Universities
Students from UniGR partner universities can take courses at Saarland University free of charge. However, it is necessary to enroll at Saarland University in order to take courses and exams (for example in EurIdentity Certificate Advanced Level).
To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Select course
- Fill out and sign the Learning Agreement with your home university
- Registration and enrollment via "Zweithörer-Formular"
- Student ID and e-mail address will be sent to you by mail
- Enrollment in the courses with student ID
UniGR - University of the Greater Region
Within the university network UniGR, students can use the study offers and course catalogues of the partner universities in Lorraine, Luxembourg, Liège, Kaiserslautern and Trier free of charge. This requires a fee-free formal enrollment as an UniGR-student. Saarland University grants a travel allowance for attending events at the UniGR partner universities via mobility funding (please contact the UniGR officer of Saarland University to apply).