Consultancy services

Contact Point for Studying with Disability

Are you not making much progress in your studies?
You would like to study, but don't know whether your individual needs will be met? 


You can get a confidential consultation with us on disability-related questions and problems in your studies.
We will gladly explain to you what should be included in your application for compensation for disadvantages (and what should not...).
If you wish, we can support your application with a recommendation letter.

You don't know yet what kind of support you might need?
Then let's think about it together.
We have already accompanied many clients.

In pandemic times, we offer consultations via video call or telephone.
To make an appointment, simply contact us by writing to ksb(at)

Other offers

If you do not want to come to us, there are also alternatives or supplementary offers. We have listed internal and external offers for you below.


University-internal offers

AStA-department Study quality & accessibility

Sometimes it is easier to get advice from other students.
Here we can refer you to our cooperation partners from AStA:

At the student level, the staff of the Department for Study quality and accessibility of the student body at Saarland University (AStA) help.
Among other things, they ensure that studying with disabilities is possible.
They also maintain contacts with important institutions inside and outside the university in order to be able to help as quickly and unbureaucratically as possible.

T: +49 681 302-4321 or studienqualitaet(at)


Central Student Advisory Service

Particularly when it comes to questions about admission requirements and study organisation, we work together with the Central Student Advisory Service and are happy to refer our clients there for specific questions.


The Central Student Advisory Service (Zentrale Studienberatung, ZSB) provides advice on issues relating to preparation for studies, issues during studies and in the event of personal problems.
Consultations take place in confidential one-to-one meetings.
The Central Student Advisory Service also has extensive information material from other German universities.
In addition, it helps people with disabilities with application, admission and enrolment formalities as well as with all questions related to the topic of inclusion.

Current information, registration modalities and contact persons can be found on the website of the ZSB.

Psychologisch-Psychotherapeutische Beratungsstelle

Students, especially those with mental disabilities, can benefit from a special service offered by the Studierendenwerk in Saarland directly on campus.

The Psychologisch-Psychotherapeutische Beratungsstelle ("Psychological-Psychotherapeutic Counselling Centre", PPB) has been a contact point for students and employees with study problems or personal conflicts for several decades.
In addition to interesting workshops, there are also confidential individual consultations.

All information and the registration modalities can be found on the PPB website.

Center for Behavior Therapy

External offers

Ergänzende Unabhängige Teilhabe-Beratung - EUTB

For some time now, there have been counselling centres throughout Germany that offer low-threshold services for people who have an impairment or are threatened by one, as well as for their relatives.
The counsellors are usually people with disabilities themselves.
General information material on the topic of supplementary independent participation counselling can be found in our download area. 

For students, the information on financial support options is interesting on the one hand, and the advice on starting a career on the other.

EUTBs consultations are also available in Saarland.
As an example from our network, we would like to refer to the EUTB ("Supplementary Independent Participation Counselling") of the Landesvereinigung SELBSTHILFE e.V., which has offices in Saarbrücken and in various districts.
Contact details and further information can be found in the flyer.
Consultation takes place in various formats (in person, by telephone, video). 

Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency

If you have had a discriminatory experience, you can also contact the Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency. There, lawyers are available as contact persons by email or on the phone.


Contact data and material are available on the homepage of the Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency