German appetisers for the lunch break (from A2)
Target group: Employees of the UdS and htw saar as well as doctoral students in employment with the UdS
You already have knowledge of German and would like to further develop and consolidate it? Then join this special language course!
The focus of the "German appetisers for the lunch break" is on everyday communication, whether at university or at home, and thus above all on the practical use of the language. We will also cover topics related to the country as well as your questions about German and Germany.
Course details for winter semester 2023/24:
- Participation is allowed for: all international employees of Saarland University (UdS) and of the University of Applied Sciences (htw saar) as well as all international doctoral students in an employment relationship with the UdS
- Language requirements: from language level A2
- Format: The virtual language break is offered online in Microsoft Teams.
Please ensure a quiet workplace and the following IT requirements: a stable, fast internet connection, speakers or headphones on your end device (desktop PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone), microphone and webcam.
- Start: from Tuesday, 10 October 2023
- Dates: every Tuesday, from 11:00 a.m. -12:00 a.m.
The language break will include 12 consecutive dates. There will be no dates during school holidays and public holidays.
- Registration period: Monday, 21 August 2023 to Sunday, 01 October 2023. Only registrations via the online registration form will be accepted. Within the time indicated above, a button will appear on this website to lead you to the form.
- Any questions? Then please send us an e-mail to: deutschkurse(at)isz.uni-saarland.de with the subject "German courses for university staff".
Registration period winter semester
Monday, 21 August 2023, 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, 01 October 2023, 11:59 p.m. (only online!)
Within the time indicated above, a button will appear at this site which will take you to the online registrationform. Only such course registrations will be accepted.
Who may participate?
All staff members of Saarland University and the htw saar as well as doctoral students in an employment relationship with the UdS may participate.
Unfortunately, participation is usually not possible for staff of affiliated institutes of the UdS and staff of the UKS Homburg, HfM and HBK saar or doctoral students who are employed there or at htw saar. - If there is sufficient capacity, staff from UKS Homburg, HfM and HBK saar as well as doctoral students from UKS, if they are employed by the UdS, can also be admitted.
Those who attend at least 80% of the course can (on request) be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Approval of the supervisor is required:
The consent of your supervisor is required for registration and participation in this course of the ISZ Saar. Please obtain this consent yourself in advance. However, it is not necessary to forward the consent to the ISZ Saar.
Preparatory and in-sessional courses for international students
How to contact us
Please contact our department of In-sessional courses by e-mail if you have questions
- about German language and special skills courses during the semester (In-sessional courses during the semester, Short Intensive courses, German courses for doctoral students and university staff): deutschkurse(at)isz.uni-saarland.de
- about tandem language programme: sprachtandem(at)uni-saarland.de
Do you have questions about other courses offered at the ISZ Saar? Then you will find the right contact person for your request here.
If you have any questions regarding your application to the UdS or enrolment in study-preparatory DSH and VSI courses, please only contact the team of the Admissions Office (e-mail: studium(at)uni-saarland.de)