Proficiency levels (CEFR scale)
A2 to B2/C1 (courses are therefore not suitable for absolute beginners!)
It is not possible to apply for a specific language level. The levels of the courses held always depend on the level of knowledge of the respective course participants. Placement in the groups is made according to the results of our placement test.
- Reading comprehension and Oral expression
- Listening comprehension and Oral expression
- Grammar and Written expression
Preparatory and in-sessional courses for international students
How to contact us
Please contact our department by e-mail if you have questions
- about German language and special skills courses during the semester (In-sessional courses and short-intensive courses): deutschkurse(at)isz.uni-saarland.de
- about tandem programme: sprachtandem(at)uni-saarland.de
Do you have questions about other courses offered at the ISZ Saar? Then you will find the right contact person for your request here.
If you have any questions regarding your application to the UdS or enrolment in study-preparatory DSH and VSI courses, please only contact the team of the Admissions Office (e-mail: studium(at)uni-saarland.de)
Abteilung studienbegleitende Deutschkurse
/ Department of in-sessional German courses
International Study Centre Saar (ISZ Saar)
Head of department: Dr. Oxana Brandes
Secretary: Christine Koch M.A.
Phone: +49 (0) 681 302-71116