Jobs and Chances
A Bachelor's degree is a first qualifying degree that qualifies for further Master's studies at Saarland University, in Germany and abroad. Direct continuation of the Bachelor's degree in European Studies is guaranteed at Saarland University in some interdisciplinary Master's programmes or in the subject disciplines.
Master's programmes at Saarland University
Opportunities and examples for further qualification in the Master's degree programmes at Saarland University:
- Border Studies
- Historisch orientierte Kulturwissenschaften
- Angewandte Kulturwissenschaften
- Allgemeine und Vergleichende Literaturwissenschaft
- Deutsch-Französische Studien: Grenzüberschreitende Kommunikation und Kooperation
- Europäische Kulturstudien
- Interkulturelle Kommunikation
- Religion in Europa
- Praxisbezogene Literaturwissenschaft Französisch
- Master's programme at the Europa-Institut: European and International Law
With the Bachelor's degree in European Studies and also with a further Master's degree, graduates have professional opportunities in the following fields of work:
- European development
- Cross-border cooperation
- Project development and project management
- Regional management, regional development, tourism, economic development
- Press, Public Relations and Communication, Marketing
- Education and training
- Human resources development and consulting
- Administration, documentation
Into Working Life
Good job opportunities for our graduates are an important concern for us. We have designed the degree programmes in such a way that you can qualify yourself on the labour market at an early stage. This includes the following elements:
- professional qualification in a specialisation (geography, history or literature)
- individual qualification in the compulsory elective area (Wahlpflichtbereich)
- compulsory stay abroad as part of your studies
- work placement/apprenticeship as aprt of your studies
- close support and advice from the study coordinator and the subject coordinators
Career Center Saarland University
Saarland University’s Career Center is the central service unit for any for any questions students may have regarding job applications and career entry. In ourcareer portal, students can find internship and work placement opportunities, as well as entry-level or graduate job opportunities.
The big annual job fair 'next' allows students and companies or recruiters to exchange ideas and to connect in a relaxed atmosphere. In addition, each semester the Career Center organizes a wide range of events and workshops in cooperation with companies and other partners in order to help you find your way in the labour market.
The Career Center offers one-to-one career guidance appointments, especially for international students who want to prepare for the German job market.
All services offered by the Career Center are free of charge.
For more information, please visit the Career Center website.
EURES (European Employment Services)
If you would like to live and work in a border region to Germany, the EU-wide network EURES (European Employment Services) will support you. EURES also supports you in your job search or in finding internships in the Greater Region SaarLorLux or throughout Europe.