You are new in Saarbrücken and looking for a room in Saarbrücken, or you are a landlord and have a room to offer?
Then please register directly here below!
From 15.09.2021 to 15.11.2021 the Housing Office will be able to assist international students of the Saarland University and the htw saar in finding an accommodation in the area of Saarbrücken.
Starting on 15.09.2021, students who need help are welcome to contact the Housing Office either via email : housing(at)studentenwerk-saarland.de or by phone: 0049 681 302 2852 (Monday-Friday: 13.00-15.00).
In the period of October 01 to October 29, the Housing Office will also be open as an office in the Welcome Center in Building A4.4. You can visit us Monday to Friday, from 13.00 - 15.00.
How can the Housing Office support me?
- we help you to find accommodation in the wider Saarbrücken area (website, tips, explanations etc.)
- we will find you a tutor who will help you with the search (e.g. to contact landlords)
- we receive offers from private landlords and pass them on to you
- we help you to find short-term accommodation for the first days (e.g. in a hostel)
- if you rent an unfurnished room, we can help you find cheap furniture
What does the Housing Office not offer?
- we do not offer a pick-up service from airports or train stations
- we do not organise an all-inclusive room ready for you to just move into - you have to share the workload
- we are not responsible for the dormitories of the Studentenwerk, we cannot secure you a room there
- we cannot provide legal advice
- as soon as you have found a room, our service is finished, we can not be available the whole semester