The Housing Office supports international students at the beginning of each winter semester (September and October) in their search for housing in Saarbrücken.
Please note: the Housing Office does not rent out rooms!
We support you in your search for accommation, but we do not offer rooms ourselves.
You are new in Saarbrücken and looking for a room in Saarbrücken, or you are a landlord and have a room to offer?
Then please register directly here below!
From 15.09.2022 to 15.11.2022 the Housing Office will be able to assist international students of the Saarland University and the htw saar in finding an accommodation in the area of Saarbrücken.
Starting on 15.09.2022, students who need help are welcome to contact the Housing Office either via email housing(at)stw-saarland.de or by registering on this website.
From 04. October to 11. November, the Housing Office will also offer opening hours on the campus of Saarland University (also for htw students). You will find the office in building A4.4, inside the Welcome Center. The opening hours: Monday to Friday, 13.30 - 15.30, and additionally on Mondays from 10.00 - 12.00.
How can the Housing Office support me?
- we help you to find accommodation in the wider Saarbrücken area (website, tips, explanations etc.)
- we will find you a tutor who will help you with the search (e.g. to contact landlords)
- we receive offers from private landlords and pass them on to you
- we help you to find short-term accommodation for the first days (e.g. in a hostel)
- if you rent an unfurnished room, we can help you find cheap furniture
What does the Housing Office not offer?
- we do not offer a pick-up service from airports or train stations
- we do not organise an all-inclusive room ready for you to just move into - you have to share the workload
- we are not responsible for the dormitories of the Studierendenwerk, we cannot secure you a room there
- we cannot provide legal advice
- as soon as you have found a room, our service is finished, we can not be available the whole semester