The Housing Office supports international students at the beginning of each winter semester (September and October) in their search for housing in Saarbrücken.
Please note: the Housing Office does not rent out rooms!
We support you in your search for accommation, but we do not offer rooms ourselves.
How can the Housing Office support me?
- we help you to find accommodation in the wider Saarbrücken area (website, tips, explanations etc.)
- we will find you a tutor who will help you with the search (e.g. to contact landlords)
- we receive offers from private landlords and pass them on to you
- we help you to find short-term accommodation for the first days (e.g. in a hostel)
- if you rent an unfurnished room, we can help you find cheap furniture
What does the Housing Office not offer?
- we do not offer a pick-up service from airports or train stations
- we do not organise an all-inclusive room ready for you to just move into - you have to share the workload
- we are not responsible for the dormitories of the Studierendenwerk, we cannot secure you a room there
- we cannot provide legal advice
- as soon as you have found a room, our service is finished, we can not be available the whole semester