The Housing Office supports international students at the beginning of each winter semester (September and October) in their search for housing in Saarbrücken.
Currently our office is closed, please feel free to visit us again in September 2021.
How can the Housing Office support me?
- we help you to find accommodation in the wider Saarbrücken area (website, tips, explanations etc.)
- we will find you a tutor who will help you with the search (e.g. to contact landlords)
- we receive offers from private landlords and pass them on to you
- we help you to find short-term accommodation for the first days (e.g. in a hostel)
- if you rent an unfurnished room, we can help you find cheap furniture
What does the Housing Office not offer?
- we do not offer a pick-up service from airports or train stations
- we do not organise an all-inclusive room ready for you to just move into - you have to share the workload
- we are not responsible for the dormitories of the Studentenwerk, we cannot secure you a room there
- we cannot provide legal advice
- as soon as you have found a room, our service is finished, we can not be available the whole semester