Cultural and culinary focus days
Cultural and Culinary Focus Days are organized in collaboration with the Studierendenwerk Saarland (Saarland Student Services) and held every Wednesday during the semester in the Mensa.
All Mensa guests have the opportunity to enjoy a special à la carte dish that is typical of the country, available in the Freeflow.
We would love to learn more about your country's culture and culinary traditions. If you are interested in planning a culinary day, we would be very happy to help you organize it.
A typical culinary day includes:
- a traditional dish from your country using recipes you provide and prepared by the Mensa kitchen staff
- music, dance or multimedia presentations that showcase your home country and that are performed or shown in the Foyer of the Mensa building
- an information stand telling visitors about your country or university (the stand will be provided by ZiS and we would be pleased to help you obtain relevant material)
- a display of items or artifacts of special interest from your home country
- and, of course, if you have any ideas of your own we will be glad to hear them
We would be pleased to help you put your ideas intopractice.