Exchange students and Freemovers
Dormitory rooms of the Welcome Center
The Welcome Center of the International Office has reserved some rooms in different dormitories for international exchange students and freemovers. These are only available to students who have been officially nominated by the International Office.
For exchange students in the Weltweit program and its cooperations, accommodation in the dormitory is guaranteed if the stay is at least one or two full semesters.
Students in the Erasmus+ Program, Eastern Partnerships and double degree students can get a room as long as there is availability. If places are left, students who come as Freemovers can be given a place, too.
Places are allocated according to the receipt of applications during the application period, on a first come first serve basis. If more applications are received than places available, we will not be able to accommodate all students. If you receive a rejection from us, you would need to find a room on the private market.
Please read the following important information first:
- To learn about the rooms, please see our overview of all rooms offered
- The rent ranges from 250 to 400 Euro per month. Before your arrival you usually have to pay the first month's rent, the deposit and an administrational fee of 25 euros.
- The rooms can only be rented for the periods specified in the application (one or two semesters). If you participate in the Intensive German Course before the beginning of the semester, please choose March or September as the move-in month.
- Rooms are allocated in the order in which applications are received (first come, first serve). We therefore recommend that you send us your application as early as possible.
- Please understand that we cannot always fulfill all requests regarding room preference.
Below you can fill out the application for a room of the Welcome Center. Please note the application deadlines, the application is only active within this period. The website will become available at 09:00am (German time).
- 01.06. - 15.07. for the next winter semester
- 15.11. - 31.12. for the next summer semester