*** News ***
If you or your guests have any questions about coronavirus, entry restrictions to Germany and quarantine regulations, please visit the coronavirus information website of our Welcome Center.
Please note: due to the current pandemic, masks are mandatory in all our guesthouses in communal areas such as communal kitchens, stairwells, laundry rooms, bicycle cellar, etc. and we strongly urge you to observe the distance rules.
Saarland University has 5 guest houses with a total of 51 apartments available for rent to visiting professors, guest scientists and guest doctoral students. Reservations should be made as early as possible, as the demand is very high. After reserving, the booking for the room has to be confirmed latest within 3 days, afterwards we cannot guarantee that we can uphold the reservation.
Students can not get a room here! If you are a student looking for a room, please continue reading here.
How do I reserve an apartment for my guest?
Please send your request for available apartments to: guesthouse(at)uni-saarland.de.
Once a free apartment has been confirmed, the binding reservation can only be made by means of a rental application form signed by the host faculty. This form will be sent to you by e-mail upon request.
- Rental contracts can be concluded for up to 6 months; in exceptional cases, after consultation, up to one year. Beyond that no extension is possible.
- For up to 9 days rental period the daily price applies, for 10 days or more the total monthly price applies. No deposit is due.
- An early termination of the tenancy is possible; a notice period of 14 days applies.
- A cancellation of the room can be done free of charge 14 days before the begin of the rental contract. For a later cancellation we require a payment of half a month`s rent to cover the costs for the vacancy.
- The keys will be handed over to a representative of the faculty 14 days before the moving in date. The keys can be picked up at our Welcome Center.
- Should your guest require a Wohnungsgeberbestätigung (confirmation of accommodation for the city hall), please let us know.
- Moving into the guesthouses is possible from 2 pm on the day of the beginning of the rental period, moving out must be done by 10 am on the last day of the rental period.
Rental prices in the guesthouses
|Kategorie A||Shared kitchen||10 - 15 qm||for 1 person||410 €|
|Kategorie B||Shared kitchen||16 - 24 qm||for 1 person||535 €|
|Kategorie C||Private kitchen||13 - 15 qm||for 1 person||410 €|
|Kategorie D||Private kitchen||16 - 28 qm||for 1 person||570 €|
|Kategorie E||Shared kitchen||26 - 40 qm||for 2 persons||950 €|
|Kategorie F||2 rooms, kitchen, bathroom||67 - 85 qm||for 2 persons||1200 €|
|Kategorie G||3 rooms, kitchen, bathroom||120 qm||Family apartment||1600 €|
|Kategorie MWT||2 rooms, kitchen, bathroom||45 - 53 qm||for 2 persons||1040 €|
Overview of our guest houses
Please click on the names of the individual guest houses below for a detailed description.
- All apartments are fully furnished and equipped. The rental prices include all additional costs (electricity, heating etc.) as well as towels and bed linen.
- The rooms are cleaned weekly, including a change of towels.
- Change of bed linen every 14 days.
- In every house there are washing machines and dryers which can be used for free. The washing powder is not provided but has to be bought by yourself.