By train and bus to the campus
Train services to Saarbrücken
High-speed ICE/TGV services are available from Frankfurt/Mannheim and Paris to Saarbrücken central station. Regional services run from Mainz, Trier and Strasbourg. At specific times it is worth leaving the regional train at Dudweiler station or Scheidt station and change for the bus.
Bus services to Saarbrücken campus
To get from Saarbrücken central station to the university campus, take either bus number 102 (to 'Dudweiler-Dudoplatz') or bus numbers 112 or 124 (to 'Universität'). These services run every 30 minutes. Buses also run to the university from the districts of Saarbrücken, St. Ingbert and Neunkirchen. A shuttle bus organized by AStA runs between the Saarbrücken and Homburg university campuses.
Bus stops on campus
There are several bus stops on campus:
- Universität Botanischer Garten (for the Science Park or the university library)
- Universität Campus (for campus zones A, B and C)
- Universität Mensa (for campus zones C, D and E, and for the research institutes DFKI, INM and MPI)
- Universität Busterminal (for the research institutes HIPS, IZFP and KIST)
- Stuhlsatzenhaus (for the research institute CISPA)
Free bus travel on campus and to the Meerwiesertalweg site for Saarland University employees
If you are a Saarland University employee, you can travel free of charge on Saarbahn busses between the bus stops 'Stuhlsatzenhaus' and 'An der Trift'. Please present your UdS Card to the driver when boarding the bus. If there a any problems, please show this paper to the bus driver: Bekanntmachung der Saarbahn.