Non-enrolled students

If you think you could benefit from attending particular courses offered at the university, you can apply for single-semester registration as a non-enrolled student (Gasthörer).

If you wish to register as a non-enrolled student, you must get prior consent from the person teaching the course or courses you want to attend. If you would like to attend academic courses or modules where the number of places is limited, you will need additional prior approval from the University President. The Continuing Education and Professional Development Study Guide lists courses and study programmes for which the lecturers and course instructors have already given their consent regarding the participation of non-enrolled students.

Please complete the registration form and submit it to the Admissions Office together with all of the documents listed on the registration form. The amount payable is set out in the registration form.

Studying as a senior citizen

Senior citizens who have a higher education entrance qualification (usually the German Abitur) may enrol as a regular student for those academic programmes for which no entry restrictions apply. They pay the standard student-services charge and, if 55 or older, an additional fee. Enrolment is via Saarland University's online SIM application portal.

Centre for Lifelong Learning (CELL)

Saarbrücken Campus
Building A4 2, Room 2.13
Tel.: +49 681 302-3533